More Info about Research Hybrid Bottle Gourd "JUICY"
- Season : July and January are suitable for sowing
- Seed rate: 1.5 kg/ha.
- Seed treatment :
- Treated with Trichoderma viride 4 g or Pseudomonas fluorescens 10 g or Carbendazim 2 g/kg of seeds before sowing.
- Preparation of field :
- Plough the field to fine tilth and dig pits of the 30 cm x 30 cm x 30 cm size at 2.5 x 2 m spacing.
- Irrigation :
- Irrigate the field before dibbling the seeds and thereafter once a week.
- Application of fertilizers :
- Apply 10 kg of FYM (20 t/ha), 100 g of NPK 6:12:12 mixture/pit as basal and 10 g of N/pit 30 days after sowing.Apply Azospirillum and Phosphobacteria 2 kg/ha and Pseudomonas 2.5 kg/ha along with FYM 50 kg and neem cake @ 100 kg before last ploughing.
So total requirement of fertilizers are as per below according to fertigation chart :
- 75% remaining dose of Phosphorus applied as super phosphate = 469 kg/ha.
- 19:19:19 = 53 kg / ha
- 13:0:45 = 199 kg / ha
- 12:61:0 = 25 kg / ha
- Urea = 351 kg / ha
Mites: Spray dicofol 18.5 % SC @ 2.5 ml per litre of water.
Aphid: Spray Imidachloprid @ 0.5 ml/lit along with sufficient quantity of stickers like Teepol, triton X100, apsa etc., for better adhesion and coverage.
Beetles, fruit flies and caterpillars Beetles, fruit flies and caterpillars can be
controlled by spraying Malathion 50 EC 1 ml/lit. or Dimethoate 30 EC 1 ml/lit. or Methyl demeton 25 EC 1 ml/lit.
Do not use DDT,copper and sulphur dust as these are phytotoxic.
Powdery mildew :
Powdery mildew can be controlled by spraying Dinocap 1 ml/lit.or Carbendazim 0.5 g/litor Tridemorph l ml/l.
Downy mildew :
Downy mildew can be controlled by spraying Mancozeb or Chlorothalonil 2 g/lit. twice at 10 days interval. Harvest :
Fruits are harvested at tender stage and before 100 % maturity.